1638: The Sovereign States (Ring of Fire #36) (Hardcover)
Out of Stock, but we can likely order it for you. We will advise if we cannot.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 36 in the Ring of Fire series.
- #2: Grantville Gazette, Volume II (Ring of Fire #2) (Compact Disc): $24.99
- #3: Ring of Fire III (The Ring of Fire #3) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #6: Grantville Gazette II (The Ring of Fire #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Grantville Gazette VII (The Ring of Fire #7) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #8: 1635: Cannon Law (The Ring of Fire #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: 1634: The Bavarian Crisis (The Ring of Fire #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #10: Grantville Gazette IV (The Ring of Fire #10) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #11: 1635: The Dreeson Incident (The Ring of Fire #11) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #12: 1635: The Eastern Front (The Ring of Fire #12) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #13: 1636: The Saxon Uprising: N/A (The Ring of Fire #13) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #14: 1636: Commander Cantrell in the West Indies (The Ring of Fire #14) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #18: 1636: The Viennese Waltz (The Ring of Fire #18) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #19: 1636: The Cardinal Virtues (The Ring of Fire #19) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #20: 1635: A Parcel of Rogues (The Ring of Fire #20) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #21: 1636: The Ottoman Onslaught (Ring of Fire #21) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #23: 1636: Mission to the Mughals (Ring of Fire #23) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #24: 1636: The Vatican Sanction (Ring of Fire #24) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #25: Ring of Fire IV (The Ring of Fire #25) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #26: 1637: The Polish Maelstrom (Ring of Fire #26) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #27: 1636: The China Venture (Ring of Fire #27) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #28: 1636: The Atlantic Encounter (Ring of Fire #28) (MP3 CD): $41.95
- #29: 1637: No Peace Beyond the Line (Ring of Fire #29) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #31: 1637: The Peacock Throne (Ring of Fire #31) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #32: Grantville Gazette IX (Ring of Fire #32) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #34: 1637: The Coast of Chaos (Ring of Fire #34) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #35: 1637: The Transylvanian Decision (Ring of Fire #35) (Hardcover): $25.00
The fate of Russia hangs in the balance as up-timers and down-timers battle for freedom!
The United Sovereign States of Russia struggles to set in place the traditions and legal precedents that will let it turn into a constitutional monarchy with freedom and opportunity for all its citizens.
At the same time, they’re trying to balance the power of the states and the federal government. And the USSR is fighting a civil war with Muscovite Russia, defending the new state of Kazakh from invasion by the Zunghars, building a tech base and an economy that will allow its money to be accepted in western Europe, establishing a more solid claim to Siberia, and, in general, keeping the wheels of civilization from coming off and dumping Russia back into the Time of Troubles. Or, possibly even worse, reinstalling the sort of repressive oligarchy that they just got rid of.
About the Author
Eric Flint was the creator of the New York Times best-selling Ring of Fire series, the best-selling alternate history series of all time. Beginning with 1632, Flint—along with dozens of cowriters—chronicled what happened when the 20th-century town of Grantville, West Virginia, was transported through time and space to 17th-century Europe. In addition, Flint was the author, with New York Times best seller David Weber, of the Crown of Slaves Saga, as well as the Belisaurius series, with best-selling author David Drake. Flint was the editor of Jim Baen’s Universe, as well as numerous short story anthologies. Before becoming a writer, Flint worked as a trade union organizer, longshoreman, truck driver, auto worker, steel worker, oil worker, meatpacker, glassblower, and machinist. Eric Flint passed away in 2022.
Paula Goodlett retired from the military as a noncommissioned officer in the early nineties. She broke her leg in 2003, which led to her browsing Baen's Bar lest she become bored during her enforced inactivity. Captivated by the 1632 universe concept, she began as a special assistant to Eric Flint. She eventually wrote a large important sequence of the storyline in 1634: The Ram Rebellion. She was editor of the Grantville Gazette and chairs the 1632 Editorial Board. Additionally, Paula was assistant editor of the e-zine Jim Baen's Universe. Paula mainly writes in tandem with Gorg Huff.
Gorg Huff is a Texas citizen who has enthusiastically helped in researching the 1632 series background, written numerous stories for the Grantville Gazette, and contributed both maps and drawings to 1634: The Bavarian Crisis. Gorg began as a solo writer, but now principally teams with Paula Goodlett.