Amelia Bedelia's First Day of School (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Amelia Bedelia Special Edition Holiday Chapter Book #1: Amelia Bedelia Wraps It Up (Hardcover): $15.99
- #2: Amelia Bedelia Special Edition Holiday Chapter Book #2: Amelia Bedelia Scared Silly (Hardcover): $15.99
- #3: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #3: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Arise and Shine (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #4: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Paint the Town (Hardcover): $15.99
- #5: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #5: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Mind Their Manners (Hardcover): $15.99
- #6: Amelia Bedelia & Friends #6: Amelia Bedelia & Friends Blast Off (Hardcover): $15.99
- #7: Amelia Bedelia Sets Sail (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #7) (Prebound): $16.80
Amelia Bedelia goes to school and mixes up just about everything in this bright and funny picture book about the childhood of the iconic character.
In the first book in the nationally bestselling series about the childhood of America's favorite literal-minded housekeeper, Amelia Bedelia is sure that she will absolutely love school—after all, what's not to love?
But after hopping on the bus "just like a bunny" (hurry up, sweetie!), confusing her name tag with a game (we are not playing tag), and gluing herself to her seat (oh, dear), Amelia Bedelia discovers that what she takes for granted is not always the way the world works. Still, friendships are formed, lessons are learned, and projects are completed, and through it all Amelia Bedelia's teacher, Mrs. Edwards, offers gentle guidance and an open heart.
The Amelia Bedelia books have sold more than 35 million copies!
About the Author
Herman Parish was in the fourth grade when his aunt, Peggy Parish, wrote the first book about Amelia Bedelia. The author lives in Princeton, New Jersey.
Lynne Avril has illustrated all the stories about young Amelia Bedelia. The artist lives in Phoenix, Arizona.
“No child can resist Amelia [Bedelia] and her literal trips through the minefield of the English language—and no adult can fail to notice that she’s usually right when she’s wrong.” — New York Times Book Review
“Readers will giggle over Amelia [Bedelia]’s mishaps, and her genuine joie de vivre may assuage first-day fears.” — Publishers Weekly
“Amelia [Bedelia] wears her new picture-book format well…[it] works beautifully as a new way to encounter the gaffe-prone gal.” — Booklist
“Returning with her pun-filled humor and misunderstandings of certain expressions, Amelia Bedelia has her first day of school in this adventure...Children will laugh at Amelia Bedelia’s antics, and in many cases, the illustrations enhance the text’s humor. ...Young readers will relate to the emotions that Amelia feels.” — School Library Journal