Insight: How Small Gains in Self-Awareness Can Help You Win Big at Work and in Life (Paperback)
Not Yet Published
Most people feel like they know themselves pretty well. But what if you could know yourself just a little bit better--and with this small improvement, get a big payoff...not just in your career, but in your life? Research shows that self-awareness - knowing who we are and how others see us - is the foundation for high performance, smart choices, and lasting relationships. There's just one problem: most people don't see themselves quite as clearly as they could. Fortunately, reveals organizational psychologist Tasha Eurich, self-awareness is a surprisingly developable skill. Integrating hundreds of studies with her own research and work in the Fortune 500 world, she shows us what it really takes to better understand ourselves on the inside - and how to get others to tell us the honest truth about how we come across. Through stories of people who've made dramatic gains in self-awareness, she offers surprising secrets, techniques and strategies to help readers do the same - and how to use this insight to be more fulfilled, confident, and successful in life and in work. In INSIGHT, you'll learn: * The 7 types of self-knowledge that self-aware people possess.
* The 2 biggest invisible roadblocks to self-awareness.
* Why approaches like therapy and journaling don't always lead to true insight
* How to stop your confidence-killing habits and learn to love who you are.
* How benefit from mindfulness without uttering a single mantra.
* Why other people don't tell us the truth about ourselves - and how to find out what they really think.
* How to deepen our insight into our passions, gifts, and the blind spots that could be holding us back.
* How to hear critical feedback without losing your mojo.
* Why the people with the most power can often be the least-self-aware, and how smart leaders avoid this trap.
* The 3 building blocks for self-aware teams.
*How to deal with delusional bosses, clients, and coworkers.
About the Author
Dr. Tasha Eurich is an organizational psychologist, researcher, New York Times best-selling author. She is also the founder of the Eurich Group, where she's helped thousands of leaders and teams improve their effectiveness through greater self-awareness. Dr. Eurich contributes to The Huffington Post and Entrepreneur Magazine and has been featured in outlets like Forbes, The New York Times, CNBC, Fast Company, and Inc.. She's been named one of Denver Business Journal's "40 Under 40" as well as a "Top 100 Thought Leader" by Trust Across America and in 2015, she was named a "Leader to Watch" by the American Management Association. Dr. Eurich's first book, Bankable Leadership, debuted at #8 on the New York Times best-seller list, and has since become a popular resource for managers and executives. She holds a PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from Colorado State University and BAs in Theater and Psychology from Middlebury College.